Friday, April 13, 2007

Flatlining

Nearly! In a good way! Celebrate this with me...this is the first day in a LONG time that my blood sugars have looked like this. Of course, there's always the rest of the evening to totally mangle with my horrible snacking habits, but for now I'll just feel good about myself, okay? It's nice to not see a bunch of jagged points or evil smiley faces.

These relatively calm blood sugars are surprising because they're in direct contrast to my emotional state. I had a really rough night yesterday for no good reason. It was one of those times when you're laying in bed alllmost asleep . . . and suddenly you get this rush of adrenaline when you realize - da da DUNNNNNN! - you forgot to do something very important during your long and busy day, and you can't do a damn thing about it because it's 12:41am. In my case, it was work related - so of course my upset doubled and trebled in a matter of seconds. I worried myself sick about it for over an hour, worked up some tears, ended up sleeping on the couch. Of course it wasn't a big deal and I took care of it this morning with no problem, so why does my mind insist on making catastrophic scenarios and/or holding itself to unreasonable standards? Everyone forgets stuff. I feel bad for my husband - he shouldn't have to put up with such a basketcase. I've always been prone to freaking out internally when it came to something in which my achievement was going to be assessed - such as a work or school situation - but it was rare that I worked myself up into tears over nothing and lost sleep. I wasn't always like this, people. July can't come soon enough . . .

Oh and by la way, credits for the blood sugar log layout go to Excel genius Kevin at parenthetic (diabetic). I am VERY grateful to have such a wonderful tool to use. It's like a lo-fi CGMS graph! :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish my numbers looked as good as ur graph!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Awesome BG's! Way to go!

And you know, those other days aren't half bad either - most of the readings in or near target range!

The times I hate is when the high spikes so damn high that they're not even on the map!

Kevin's charts rock.

AmyT said...

Hi Kendra,
I just wanted to say welcome to the blogosphere, and man, your numbers look pretty good from where I sit!

All the best,
Amy

Kendra said...

Thanks everyone! I think I'm being supercritical lately - gearing up for the old "TTC" as the internets call it... :)